A substantial body of research supports the conclusion that positive and relationship-oriented extracurricular activities for children build “moral fiber” and improve brain function, behavior, and decision making throughout the child’s life. Sports, Nature, Arts, Culture, Clubs, Music and Spirituality, or SNACCMS, helps us expand our awareness of the kinds of activities that help. The privately run Baumann SNACCMS Scholarship Fund pays for registration fees for children in Clallam County, Washington State, whose families are financially unable to pay.
Applications for scholarships may only be made by organized 501(c)(3) nonprofit groups, or professionals and coaches. Preference is given to children who engage in year round activities. Individual parents may not apply directly for scholarships, they must apply through the activity organizer.
Contact the law office of Mark Baumann for information about scholarship availability, and for information about contributing to the fund or coordinating your own SNACCMS fund.
- Study: The impact of unstable work schedules on children
- Perspective taking: 6 skills for understanding another person’s point of view
- Communicating: Children’s interests are launching pads for building communication skills
- Attachment Theory Training: Overview and the cognitive-affective divide
- Fathers Matter
- Study: DV Behaviors Can Change If…