Family law is my area of practice. I have practiced law for over 26 years, and since 1998 I have focused on this area of law. Family law involves a wide range of legal issues, but of course also very strong emotional issues and the future of the family members after court is over.
What is my approach to family law cases? Every case and client are different. Clients present my staff and I with a very wide range of goals and needs. If my clients need help defining their goals, we work on that first, and then come up with a game plan for how to most efficiently achieve the goals. Some cases require an approach sensitive to mediation and negotiation, while other cases require a stronger and more assertive approach in court. Some cases do better with a mix of assertiveness and negotiation. Once I understand the client’s issues and goals, I find the right tool for the job at hand.
Family law involves a wide range of issues, including
- Child custody
- Modification of visitation and support
- High conflict cases
- Domestic violence (including physical and emotional abuse)
- Grandparent rights (third party custody)
- Child and spousal support
- Valuation and division of property and debts
- Prenuptial agreements
- Trial and pre-trial litigation
You can find more information on my site about family law in the news and info section. Of course, please don’t hesitate to call my office if you would like more information about the divorce process and my services.
Mark Baumann, J.D.
Amanda Hall, Legal Assistant
- Study: The impact of unstable work schedules on children
- Perspective taking: 6 skills for understanding another person’s point of view
- Communicating: Children’s interests are launching pads for building communication skills
- Attachment Theory Training: Overview and the cognitive-affective divide
- Fathers Matter
- Study: DV Behaviors Can Change If…